Technical Program Manager/Delivery Manager
Advertiser: IMAGRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Programme & Project Management
We are a New Zealand owned start-up with a vision to change the world of retail. We are a passionate team at the forefront of a rapidly evolving technology. We are developing solutions and products that will offer shoppers a convenient, personalized and intuitive solution that will vastly improve their overall retail experiences. This technology combines Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision and our propriety hardware, to facilitate fast, secure and reliable identification of items, products and people in real-world environments.
About the team
The development teams in IMAGR develop a number of highly technical systems, including computer vision hardware, shopping support services, and AI and computer vision R&D. We move quickly with ambitious goals, live on the bleeding edge of technology, and blaze new trails every day.
Why we need you
We are looking for an action-oriented, proactive and positive technical program manager to help our development teams coordinate their activities, orchestrate engagements with our local partners, and harness the full potential of our team. You will be responsible for helping our project teams manage their development, forecast release points, and facilitate communication. Your efforts will help IMAGR deliver a world-first in transformative technology.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partner with engineer leads, and take a considered approach in designing development process to maximize the efficiency of our product development and research teams
- Work with engineering teams to develop roadmaps
- Work with engineering teams to facilitate agile process (where it makes sense)
- Own the delivery timeline, work with engineering managers to ensure development teams are tracking towards our objectives
- Coordinate with external partners and vendors to ensure deliverables are achieved
- Report project progress to stakeholders
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Ideally, you have skills and experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- At least 4 years of experience as a project manager in research, software development, or hardware development
- Experience building relationships with external partners
- Experience understanding and communicating technical information to non-experts
- Experience building, coordinating and maintaining schedules across multiple teams, managing shared resources, and coordinating with a legal team on IP or similar issues
- Organizational and planning experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams
- Track record of transitioning immature or emerging technologies into consumer products
Our environment is fast, yet supportive, we love solving problems, we’re passionate about our work and highly motivated.
We will only accept applications through this link https://imagr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=29
Applications through Seek will not be responded to.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a programme manager?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience leading agile teams?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?