Advertiser: Takapuna Beach CafeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Bar & Beverage Staff
About Takapuna Beach Cafe
Takapuna Beach Café is a bustling Metro Top 50 café by the beach that focuses on delivering great coffee, delicious food and strong service. A large and diverse team drives our operations and we have a culture of strong teamwork and inclusivity.
Coffee plays a big part of what we offer and we’re looking for a barista to join our team ahead of our peak summer months. You’ll have high standards for what makes a great cup of coffee and an engaging customer interaction. You’ll have the opportunity for personal development and to work alongside some of the best in the business. Our beachside location means we’re busy from the first thing in the morning to late afternoon so it helps if you have experience handling high volumes of orders.
As a Barista, you will:
- Make beverages to order with efficiency and consistency
- Ensure customers have a great experience, whether dining in or taking out
- Maintain food safety and hygiene standards
- Order beverage supplies
- Contribute to rostering of the Barista team
- Set up and pack down the coffee station
How can I tell if this role is for me?
- Exceptional coffee skills and knowledge
- Have experience working in a high-speed environment
- Great teamwork and a willingness to always learn and improve
- Familiarity with La Marzocco
Why join our team:
- We believe strongly in working together and having fun along the way
- We have a strong relationship with our coffee supplier, Allpress
- Great location on Takapuna Beach with beautiful views out to Hauraki Gulf
- Strong support from loyal customers
- Opportunities to learn and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume café
How to apply
Click the Apply button to submit your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a barista?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?