Advertiser: Stagler LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Currently serving over 500 clients and over 100 Xero & MYOB clients. We take pride in our work and helping our customers is our topmost priority. We are a member of Accountants and Tax agent’s institute of New Zealand (ATAINZ) & also MYOB Gold Partner.
Stagler Ltd specialises in personal and business accounting & tax services and we are looking for a dynamic, responsible and professional person to join our small but friendly team.
Working with us
We now have an exciting opportunity to bring in someone new — someone who is an accomplished accounting professional who will bring an entirely new dynamic to our great team. As an integral part of the management team you will be working closely with the Directors and the team where you will be tasked with a host of responsibilities that will keep you busy and energised.
The role involves end to end responsibility for preparing accurate financial reports, GST, liaising with internal and external stakeholders including IRD, supporting the implementation of benchmarking and improvement initiatives for the business. Reconcile end of year accounts for clients and make necessary adjustments/journals. Review and conduct audit files for auditors and Inland Revenue audits. You will also be required to supervise and coach a team of direct reports.
You will also collaborate with the directors on budgeting and forecasting for the business and development of new processes.
Ideally the successful applicant will have the following:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of New Zealand GST, FBT, Income tax returns and other accounting standards and principles
- CA/CPA association
- Relevant Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Strong Excel and analysis skills
- Good level of communication, building rapport with management and direct reports
- Able to work within a team and autonomously
- Have a solution focussed approach
And now for you!
You’ll come with at least 1 year Accounting experience, preferably in a CA environment. You will have very strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to meet daily, monthly and yearly deadlines. You will also be what we call IT savvy, possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills, and have experience with Xero & MYOB (advantageous but not necessary). You will be comfortable managing administrative staff and grow their accounting expertise.
You are either a member of or actively working towards being a member with the CA/CPA of Australia and New Zealand. Tertiary Accounting Qualification is Essential.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, please contact us with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid visa to work full
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?