Advertiser: Alliance Française WellingtonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
We offer an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to work 15 to 20 hours per week. This sole charge position is the perfect mix of financial and management accounting, with monthly payroll responsibility also. This is a great role for an experienced Accountant to be immersed in all things French and to work closely with the School’s Manager and report to the Committee. The Accountant is responsible for the financial accounts and working with the external auditors.
The person we will be appointing to the role will;
- Have a tertiary qualification in accounting with proven experience, and familiar with Xero
- Be a team player and offer flexibility
- Need to work unsupervised, making all accounting decisions
- Have exceptional standards of work with good time management
- Possess excellent communication skills
* Flexible working hours * Small friendly team * Working in the CBD
- Management Reporting:
- Preparation of annual budget.
- Monthly reporting to Director and Committee
- Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss
- Cash Forecast
- Quarterly student statistics.
- Providing financial advice to Director.
- Financial Reporting:
- All aspects of the external annual audit.
- Preparation of Annual Performance Report.
- Filing of Annual Performance Report with Charities Services.
- General Ledger Management:
- Manage and review the general ledger.
- Monthly journals.
- Reconciliation of all bank transactions in Xero.
- Manage fixed assets within Xero.
- Reconciliation of GST to general ledger.
- Bank Accounts
- Manage bank account balances.
- Investment of funds / term loans.
- Manage online banking for business.
- Coordinate all other requirements with bank.
- Ensuring all suppliers are paid accurately and on a timely basis.
- Management of the payables’ ledger.
- Ensuring all customers are invoiced accurately and on a timely basis.
- Management of the debtors’ ledger, including overdue payments.
- Overseeing administration staff.
- Payroll :
- All aspects of monthly payroll.
- Reconciliation of payroll to the general ledger.
- SmartPayroll maintenance.
- SmartHR maintenance.
- Assisting Director with employment agreements.
- Inland Revenue:
- GST returns filed 2 monthly.
- Payroll requirements are complied with; including PAYE & Kiwi Saver.
- Renewal of annual Insurances
- Updating Charities Register
- Assisting the wider administration team as required.
- Overseeing the term class documents are correct and represented in Xero.
Please email your CV and cover letter by 22 September to: