People and Culture Coordinator - Part Time (30 hours)
Advertiser: Rush DigitalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
We are currently in need of a talented, ambitious and enthusiastic person to support our Head of People in all they do. This is a great opportunity for someone that has studied Human Resources, Business Psychology or other related disciplines and has a passion for people and culture. You have to have a sense of humour, be super organised and onto it, and in return you will be closely mentored and supported by our Head of People. This role is part-time, up to 30 hours a week.
Who is RUSH?
We are an integrated design + technology studio. We're a squad of strategic thinkers, empathetic designers and technical mavericks.We’re united by our love of technology and its potential for making lives better. Some of us are big picture thinkers, some of us creatively driven. And some of us love nothing more than deep diving into a thorny technical challenge. But we’re all human, inspired by human stories and driven by a desire to create human-centred experiences.Love making things for people to enjoy? Join the team designing the technology that matters.
What matters to us?
Putting people first - It's about the people, not the tech.
Pushing the boundaries - Who wants to do what's been done already?
Playing the long game - We create sustainable solutions, not quick fixes.
Saying it like it is - Life's too short for miscommunication.
Living for the RUSH - Nothing's more exciting than the rush of doing and discovering.
Is this for you?
- You have worked in a People and Culture Support or HR Admin role for 2-3 years and are looking to take the next step in your career
- You are passionate about people and culture in the workplace
- You understand the principles of the ERA 2000 and how they apply to people
- You are very skilled at communicating with and listening to people, both in person and in writing
- You are trustworthy, with high levels of integrity
- Have the ability to keep information confidential
- You are super organised with excellent time management
- You can negotiate and deal with conflict effectively
- You are empathetic, and able to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds
- You have a background in working with people and building relationships
- You have excellent administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- You are keen to learn and develop yourself with excellent initiative
Sound like you? Let me tell you about the position then…
- Provides all administrative support to the People and Culture function
- Manages the preparation of all employment contract documentation and variation letters
- Responsible for all documentation and preparation of reports relating to P&C and Recruitment, training, ER, performance etc
- Provides support to the Head of People with performance reviews and goal setting throughout the business
- Supports, organises and promotes all internal cultural initiatives
- Assists in ad-hoc P&C projects, like collection of employee feedback and culture surveys
- Deals with employee communications regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Nurtures a positive working environment
- Supports current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of people
- Coordinates and documents Health and Safety committee meetings and assists with ensuring compliance
- Supports the Head of People running the Culture Cadets and all associated events and initiatives
- Provides support to the Head of People with the recruitment process from start to finish
- Provides support with the job ads posting to agreed platforms and filtering incoming CVs to assist the hiring lead in their candidate selection process
- Provides support with conducting reference checks when required
- Provides support with the onboarding process for new employees and contractors
What's the company culture like? What are the people like?
Put simply, our office culture is awesome!
It has a start-up buzz, it's youthful, we have lots of social events, we have cake days, fruit days, friday drinks - put simply, we have a lot of fun together. We also invest in your ongoing training and development with regular goal-setting, group training, lunch and learns and personalised development plans.
We have a very flat structure. You can spark up a conversation with the CEO or anyone in senior management and they'll treat you like family. No staff politics. No egos, no BS. I promise!
If you've read this far, you're probably interested in the job. If you meet the criteria and want to supercharge your career, APPLY FOR THE ROLE - we want to meet you!
So spruce up your CV and send it over - but if you are organised, it will be updated already!