Manager, Student Support
Advertiser: Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS)More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $55,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Established in 1990, Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS) is one of New Zealand’s largest independent degree-granting institutions. AIS is a leading Category 1 provider offering a wide range of programmes including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Category 1 is the highest rank achievable from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and is acknowledgement of the excellent standards at AIS and places the institute amongst the best quality education providers in New Zealand.
Based at our St Helens Campus in Mt Albert and reporting to the Marketing Director, your role will be responsible for providing outstanding pastoral care to AIS students, management of student homestay and dormitory accommodation and the Careers Centre.
- Ensure the provision of pastoral care to our students
- Work with the Marketing Director to set annual budgets, monitor expenditure monthly and report against.
- Drive the compliance and annual attestation process for the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students (CoP)
- Manage after-sales student support to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Complete TEC reporting including measuring graduate outcomes.
- Collaboratively with Marketing develop an alumni network, including organising events, newsletters etc.
- Production of alumni testimonials.
- Assume responsibility for Orientation.
- Develop and implement new student services procedures with the objective of improving pastoral care and student satisfaction.
- Assist in the organisation of Graduation.
The role requires a person fluent in English with liaison/counselling experience; somebody who knows how to organise and prioritise, and work to deadlines. We require a person who is flexible, a self-starter, motivated, empathetic and enjoys working in a multi–cultural environment.
Previous experience in education marketing or an extensive knowledge of the tertiary education sector and a knowledge of New Zealand immigration policy is essential.
Please send your application and relevant materials to:
Human Resources Manager
P O Box 2995
Applications close 3 October 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?