Horticulture Career Development Coordinator
Advertiser: New Zealand Apples & Pears IncorporatedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Hastings
- $50,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Student Services
Newly created fixed term contractor role based in the Hawkes Bay Region.
Horticulture is an industry with significant growth that offers outstanding opportunities in a wide variety of careers. This fixed term contractor role will serve as a point of connection between growers, industry related businesses, education providers and our community. It will focus on coordinating a connection with these agencies to develop a consistent approach from the Horticulture industry across the region to meet the varied career opportunities available across the entire value chain.
A key responsibility of this position is to coordinate opportunities that pathway and promote horticulture as a thriving and attractive industry with a broad range of long-term career opportunities. This role will support schools in particular to develop relationships with businesses and vocational education providers that can give guidance to students looking for understanding of the career pathways available across the industry.
What would you be doing?
- Meeting face to face with Growers, education/training providers, industry related businesses and building equitable long-term relationships.
- Work with regional agencies such as MSD, district councils and support groups to ensure students and trainees are supported and receive the best possible advice about pathways to employment and training.
- Build and support Iwi relationships across the value chain that enable rangatahi to access appropriate information that will enable career opportunities.
- Develop reports and presentations in line with the industry workforce development strategy that informs the progress being made with attraction across the industry.
- Collaborate effectively with 5 other regional coordinators engaged across the country in the main horticultural regions to develop consistent and innovative promotional and web-based attraction strategies.
What you will have:
- Experience establishing and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of an organisation, across industry and government.
- Report writing skills with an ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Be self-motivated with excellent time management and organisation skills
- NZ Citizenship or Residency
Understanding of the vocational education space and the horticultural industry would be an advantage but not a necessity. Flexible hours for this role may be available based on the applicant.
This role will be based at the New Zealand Apples and Pear Offices in Hastings and will report to the Capability Development Manager.
A full Job Description is available on request from New Zealand Apples and Pear Inc at email@example.com
Does this sound like you? If so, please send us your CV and covering letter about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Friday 11 October 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?