Advertiser: QJumpersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rest of Bay of Plenty
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
- Do you want to be part of a company focused on achieving great things?
- Do you have EXCEPTIONAL organisational skills?
- Are you looking for a role where you can learn and grow?
Eqalis Research Ltd is a medical cannabis company currently conducting research with the aim of developing medical cannabis products to improve the quality of life for people. Our team consists of a small group of specialists in their fields with a culture based around tenacity, agility and character.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller a vacancy now exists to work full time as our Office Administrator in our Katikati office. As the glue that holds everything together and ensures that everything runs smoothly, our ideal candidate will be both organised and efficient. They will have a natural affinity for numbers and will be able to provide support to both the Managing Director and Financial Controller as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities and equipment.
- Keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary (e.g. stationery, groceries).
- Scheduling of meetings and securing travel arrangements for the Managing Director.
- Co-ordinating functions and booking venues, refreshments, etc. for business events and meetings.
- Manage and co-ordinate support if required from our external service providers, e.g. IT, telephones, cleaning.
- Managing clerical duties, including filing, copying, responding to emails and preparing documents for distribution.
- Ensuring general management of the office, overseeing operational efficiency, effective communications and other types of strategic and tactical planning.
- Provide administrative support and act as the primary liaison between the company, staff and directors, providing information, answering queries and responding to requests.
- Performing accounting tasks including creditor invoices, reconciliations, supplier payment batch processing and entry of the inwards/outwards goods transactions.
- Managing the reception area
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred
- Proficient in a variety of software applications including accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Access)
- Competent in prioritising and working with little supervision - they will be self-motivated and trustworthy
- Comfortable handling confidential information
As a company that is focused on helping people we are looking for that person who thrives on variety and is looking to be an integral part of a company that is focused on achieving great things. If this sounds like you – then please apply with CV and Cover Letter today!
Applications Close: 11-October-2019