General Manager- Wharenui Sports Centre & ClubPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Wharenui Sports Centre & Club
- Land a career with a club that is rich in sporting heritage and on-going success
- Ambitious growth plans and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package including salary & performance bonus
The Person - Are you:
- Professional, personable and excellent at developing and maintaining key relationships?
- Energetic, dynamic, motivated and results orientated?
- People focused with superb communication, negotiating and leadership skills?
Then we want you to lead our team!
The Wharenui swim club is celebrating its 75th year next year. This is a unique business opportunity, as we look to strategically position the club for the future in an ever changing and dynamic environment.
The key purpose of this role is to lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Wharenui Sports Centre and Wharenui Swim Club ensuring the implementation of the Vision, Mission and Strategic Plan in a manner that meets the quality, time and financial expectations of the President and Committee.
The General Manager’s key functions and responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake reviews of all existing business units
- Develop budgets and reports and share insights into new strategies, sales and marketing plans and financial projections for the individual business units
- Identify, implement and monitor improvement initiatives and solutions
- Liaise and work with all staff and committee members and develop good relationships and a strong club culture
- Proven General Manager experience around strategy implementation, leadership and growth
- Sound business acumen with a solid understanding and experience of financial management and variance reporting
- Self-motivated and a strategic and forward thinker
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving and designing solutions
- Ability to identify and take advantage of efficiency and improvement opportunities
If you are a self starter, have a positive “can-do” attitude and would like to be part of a successful and well established Christchurch Club, then forward your CV and Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills, experience, aspirations and key successes to the President at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Applications close 30th September 2019
Please Note: You must be legally eligible to work in New Zealand
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?