Level 1 Service Desk Technician
Advertiser: First Focus IT P/LMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
A position has just opened up inside the New Zealand team of First Focus for another outstanding Service Desk operative. We are looking for a warm and motivated person to work within our service desk, supporting a range of our customer's technical environments. This is a highly varied role, working across multiple technologies, with new challenges and opportunities every day. In this role, you will be working in the middle of a team of highly motivated IT professionals, providing unlimited scope to advance your technical knowledge and your career.
Life at First Focus is all about helping our customers use technology. We simplify, we succeed as a team, and when something isn't right, we call it out. We listen to each other, and to our customers. We make changes (often very quickly) and we don't tolerate office politics.
First Focus is one of Australia's leading Managed Service Providers, with over 140 staff across offices in QLD, NSW, WA, VIC, NZ and further afield. We have grown consistently and profitably for over 15 years, and we're continuing to win new clients and evolve our solutions.
The sorts of things our Service Desk professional will do includes:
- Providing remote service desk and onsite support to a variety of environments from 10 - 500 users
- Supporting a combination of servers, desktops and applications within Microsoft AD and Exchange environments
- Delivering the support of Terminal Services, VMware and Citrix-based cloud infrastructure
- Performing a wide variety of Level 1-2 support across many technologies
- Occasional project team work to deploy solutions for customers
- Working with highly experienced solutions experts to maintain best practice environments
- Experience working with an IT outsourcer or managed service provider (MSP)
- Expert desktop support knowledge. You must be familiar with end user support and Active Directory to be considered for this role
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server and Exchange
- General understanding of LAN & WAN networking principles
- A general knowledge of technical infrastructure from desktop to firewall
- An understanding of backup systems and software
- An understanding of ITIL and customer service principles would be highly regarded
- Excellent written and spoken English, with a warm and professional phone manner
- Great attention to detail and time management skills
- Office 365 experience
- Knowledge of Apple Mac environments (Desired)
- Experience with Connectwise, Labtech, and/or Solarwinds Orion (Desired)
- Competitive salary with real opportunities for upward progression
- Join an awesome team of talented, dedicated professionals
- Award winning company with a genuinely great culture
- Be involved in providing leading technical solutions
- Huge opportunities for career advancement and development
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- How many weeks' notice are you required to give your current employer?