Level 2 Service Desk
Advertiser: First Focus IT P/LMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
We have just started looking for our next Level 2 Service Desk professional, to join our team in Auckland. For this exciting new role, we are seeking a capable individual who is seeking a challenge and is ready to join our service desk, supporting a broad range of different customer's technical environments. This is a highly varied role, across multiple technologies, with unlimited scope to advance your technical knowledge and your career.
Life at First Focus is all about helping our customers use technology to make a difference. We simplify, we succeed as a team, and when something isn't right, we call it out. We listen to each other, and to our customers. We make changes (often very quickly) and we don't tolerate office politics.
First Focus is one of Australia's leading Managed Service Providers, with over 145 staff spread in Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Manila. We have grown consistently and profitably for over 15 years, and we're continuing to win new clients and evolve our solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Provide remote service desk and onsite support to a variety of environments from 10 - 500 users.
- Deliver desktop, server and application support within Microsoft AD and Exchange environments.
- Support Terminal Services and Citrix environments hosted in the cloud.
- Perform a wide variety of Level 1-2 support across many technologies.
- Be involved in occasional project team work to deploy solutions for customers.
- Have opportunities to install and configure Servers, Networking and other IT equipment.
- Potentially be involved with account management, VOIP, technical presales, and other areas.
- Work with highly experienced Engineers and Technical Account Managers to maintain best practice environments.
- Outstanding written and spoken English, with a warm yet phone manner (this one is not negotiable).
- Desktop support knowledge. You must be familiar with end user support and Active Directory to be considered for this role.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Exchange.
- A general knowledge of technical infrastructure from desktop to firewall.
- An understanding of backup systems and software.
- An understanding of ITIL and customer service principles would be highly regarded.
- Great attention to detail and time management skills.
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills, with proper spelling and grammar.
- Experience working with an IT outsourcer or Managed Service Provider (MSP).
- Office 365 experience.
- Apple Mac support experience. (Desired)
- Experience with ConnectWise, LabTech, and/or Solarwinds Orion. (Desired)
First Focus is growing and we are offering a competitive salary and huge opportunities to develop your IT career and take on additional responsibilities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- How many weeks' notice are you required to give your current employer?