Tutor Te Kete Aronui Part time
Advertiser: Konnect Koncepts LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Tutoring
Are you looking for flexible part work??
Currently studying or looking to return to the workforce???
Te Whanau O Waipareira Trust has been serving the West Auckland community for over 35 years. One of the largest NGOs in New Zealand, with over 200 staff, with continued growth and expansion. Core to our Wai- Education services we provide Te Kete Aronui an educational programme to improve the outcomes of tamariki studying in year 1 – 8.
We are offering a flexible part time role for an un-registered tutor to assist in our free after school programme. Te Kete Aronui provides creative fun activities in numeracy and literacy for tamariki living in the West Auckland Community, to improve both skills and engagement in learning.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexi arrangements (as possible)
- Work between 2:30 - 7:00pm
- Awesome team members, leadership and working culture
Based in the heart of West Auckland, Henderson township, we are a short walk from the rail/bus transport hub and large-scale malls, stores and eateries.
- You may be training towards a Diploma in Teaching or equivalent level 6 qualification
- You have some experience working in the field, preferably in Child Education
- You have sound knowledge of Whānau ora and Kaupapa Maori methodologies
- You have competency in Te Reo Rangatira me ona tikanga
- You will have IT skills and knowledge of MS Office suite
- You have the ability to assist in the effective planning, and implementation of educational programmes
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have a good understanding and application of relevant legislation including NZQA
If you are passionate about education and improving the learning experience of tamariki, then we'd like to hear from you – APPLY NOW.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?