Laptop Technician - Christchurch
Advertiser: Service PlusMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Hardware
Service Plus is New Zealand's leading electronics repair/service company. We aim to provide a premier service experience to our clients with cutting edge job tracking and notification systems, excellent technical work and fantastic customer service.
A position has recently become available for an experienced PC Laptop/Desktop technician in Christchurch – In this role, you will be required to repair computers as well as perform technical and system diagnostics and upgrades as needed.
- Perform tasks such as software installation, diagnosis, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of computers.
- Physical disassembly and re-assembly of computers/electronics and component parts following ESD procedures.
- Manually set up computer systems and hardware, and install or re-install software programs for computer users to required specifications.
- Analyse failed equipment according to established methods or procedures and determine whether the equipment is repairable.
- Resolve hardware technical issues within a time scheduled and provide the break-fix solution using in-house systems.
Other Personal Skills Required:
- Organisation and Prioritisation - This position/job requires the ability to clearly organise and categorise work priorities to complete your work.
- Critical analysis and complex problem-solving skills.
- Reading Comprehension – Ability to read, understand, and use of service manuals.
- Manual Dexterity.
- Hands-on, ambition and drive to succeed - "Makes things happen"
- Goal-oriented and must be accustomed to achieving results through team-work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Well presented, Outgoing and Confident - Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent data entry skills and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification.
- Strong attention to detail, planning and coordinating skills will be critical to ensuring customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- Have a passion for developing strong customer relationships, and know-how to achieve results.
- Ability to professionally handle various situations with a wide range of customers and think quickly on your feet.
Education and Experience:
- Should have a working knowledge of different models such as Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Apple, and Acer.
- Should have solid 1-5 years of repair experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including diverse Operating systems – Mac, Windows, Linux etc.
Other duties include:
- Answering service status enquires from end-user customers;
- Responding effectively and efficiently to our inbound customers regarding quotations;
- Other day to day & ad hoc duties with regards to the service centre operations;
- Frontline customer service;
- Booking and processing service jobs;
- Processing deliveries, both incoming and dispatch;
- Physically fit as there is some heavy lifting involved from time to time, moving larger items as well as delivering consumer electronics to our customers.
If you think you've got what it takes and want to part of a fast-paced consumer electronics service/repair company apply, online now!
**** Please make sure before you apply that you have the legal right to work in New Zealand. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying for the role, please consider your application unsuccessful *****
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have professional experience troubleshooting and repairing hardware issues on PC and laptop?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?