People and Sustainability Coordinator
Advertiser: CawthronMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Tasman, Nelson
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
- Work in a small supportive team
- Wide variety of tasks with a high level of ownership
- Scope for greater involvement
Who we are
Cawthron provides practical and independent aquatic and environmental research expertise, scientific technologies and analytical services to help build environmentally and economically resilient communities.
Our vision is to be an internationally recognised research organisation, delivering independent, world-class science that helps to build a better future for New Zealand.
This coordinator role would be ideal for someone who has aspirations to develop their generalist HR, health and safety or sustainability experience and grow into a more senior role over time. A desire to learn, grow and develop will be rewarded with project work and career development. You will provide support to the Chief People Officer and others in their day-to-day People and Sustainability functions and have ownership of a number of processes including learning and development coordination and payroll administration.
The successful candidate will be involved in every step of the employee lifecycle and exposure to all HR, health and safety; and sustainability activity. There will also be scope to take on more, grow the role and really develop the role within the team and business.
Cawthron is a values-driven organisation and the role will support a positive and effective working culture across all teams.
You will need an aptitude for detail, an understanding of procedures and a desire to develop your HR knowledge, skills and expertise. This is a new position and you will have a strong focus on excellence, plenty of enthusiasm and a flexible approach.
- Two years experience in the implementation of good Human Resource or Sustainability practice (may be obtained as a Coordinator, Administrator, or Assistant) desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and a desire to develop generalist HR Advisory and/or sustainability skills over time
- Ability to develop and manage professional relationships, and to gain the confidence of staff at all levels
- Highly competent in use of software including Microsoft Office programmes
- Ability to manage data and provide it in appropriate formats to management
- Ability to write, organise and format content in a logical and efficient manner
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail, together with the ability to maintain standards under pressure
- Recognising tikanga (processes), kawa (rules) of cultural practice and traditions and valuing Te Reo Māori
We are looking for someone with the right attitude and motivation to be mentored and developed over time, so this is a great opportunity for career development. This role may suit a recent graduate of Commerce, Organisational Psychology, Sustainability or a related tertiary qualification.
If you pride yourself on being a 'people person' and enjoy keeping busy with a variety of day to day tasks, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered please apply via the Cawthron website ONLY http://www.cawthron.org.nz/careers/ by Sunday, 29 September 2019.