Full Time Hotel Receptionist
Advertiser: Capital Gateway Motor InnMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
We are a family owned and operated Motor Inn in the suburb of Newlands, Wellington. We are looking for an enthusiastic full time Receptionist to join our team.
Our ideal candidate will be a hospitality professional who has a passion for customer service. Previous reception experience is a must, and hotel reception experience will give you an advantage.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit/visa.
We offer our staff free car parking and other benefits.
Full time – rotating roster (average 36 hours per week)
Key tasks include:
- friendly customer service
- verbal and written communication skills.
- able to handle all incoming calls in a professional and polite manner.
- operating to documented procedures (e.g. guest confidentiality and security).
- handling reservations (via phone, email and in person)
- conflict resolution & problem solving
- money handling
- Continuous physical presence at Reception during the shift
To be successful the ideal candidate will have:
-strong written and verbal communication skills
-clean and tidy personal presentation
- proven time management skills, ability to multitask and proven reliability
- previous reception experience operating a hospitality reservation system
- Hospitality qualification preferred but not essential
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Are you available to work public holidays?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?