Advertiser: Kiwifish International LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $15 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Couriers, Drivers & Postal Services
- Join a successful, well-established premium seafood wholesaler
- Based in Mount Roskill, with routes around the Auckland region.
- Great opportunity to work in a hands on position
- School Leavers Welcome
Kiwifish strives to offer our clients the very best of New Zealand’s seafood harvest, which we source fresh daily and then deliver to restaurants, cafes, wholesalers, export markets and even superyachts in the Hauraki Gulf!
Due to business growth, we have the opportunity for a Driver to join our team, driving vehicles up to and including 2.5mt manual truck
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- Driving duties,
- Ancillary duties, including loading and unloading.
- Daily operational duties including but not limited to:
- Pick product from chillers.
- Pack orders.
- Providing a high level of customer service and professionalism.
- Ensuring the vehicle is kept in a clean and tidy condition and carrying out minor maintenance tasks if required.
- Attending to the usual reporting procedures associated with driving.
- Attending to the daily checking of vehicle (oil, water, fuel, air pressure, safety conditions and equipment security, Road User Charge Licence, COF Registration etc).
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Class 1 and/or 2 NZ drivers licence.
- Able to drive a manual vehicle
- The right attitude.
- Previous commercial driving experience preferred but not essential.
- Works well autonomously and in a team.
- Have a passion for the foodservice industry
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you willing to provide a copy of your driving record history?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?