Construction Site Manager Role at China Construction New Zealand
Advertiser: China Construction New Zealand LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
About the role
The Jade Lake Project will be one of the most premium residential properties in New Zealand with iconic architecture in the heart of Queenstown when it is completed. The project covers an area of 22,000 square meters. The build will not only include an apartment, unit villas, single family villas and Hotel, and will also include local infrastructure construction.
China Construction has an excellent opportunity for a Site Manager to join the project. Your role will be responsible for the day to day onsite construction activities and the responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Responsible for project and resource planning, staff management, benchmark setting, budget management, quality control, Health and Safety management, monitoring and reporting during the project lifecycle, from end-to-end;
• You will oversee all elements of construction and work with the project manager and team to deliver on time and to budget
• Coordination of all on site resources including trades, suppliers and sub-contractors
• Complying with all lawful regulations, directions and all policies and procedures, as implemented, varied or replaced from time to time.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
A related field qualification for this position. It is essential the candidate will need to have had at least 5 years experience in a similar position
• Will be confident in interactions including preparation of monthly site reports for the management
• Will have the ability to remain calm under pressure with flexibility to meet changing demands
• Effective and professional verbal, oral & written communication skills
• Flexibility - can work longer hours when required to get the job done.
• Ability to work in a team environment and interact with a diverse group of people
• Ability to maintain professional and effective relationships, internal and external to the organisation
About the Company:
China Construction New Zealand Limited (CCNZ) is a subsidiary of CSCEC's 8th Division, which is a leading power of CSCEC overseas market. CCNZ was registered in New Zealand in 2015 as a part of CSCEC's globalization process, a portfolio of current projects including Park Hyatt Auckland Hotel, Seascape High-rise apartment and Jade Lake projects. Our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining CCNZL, you will be part of our national team working with dedicated and innovative employees.
The remuneration will be competitive for someone with the in-depth knowledge and experience. If you are interested, please apply through SEEK.
Any queries regarding the role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?