Advertiser: Winstone Glass - innovators in glassMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the business and the role
Winstone Glass are a recognized leader in the field of glass, glazing and aluminium services.
We are one of the strongest players in the retrofit double glazing sector along with aluminium window fabrication specializing in all aspects of the architectural, residential and commercial markets.
Due to our rapid growth and continued expansion an exciting opportunity with this booming business awaits the right candidate. This is a dynamic, fast-paced and friendly environment that will suit an energetic and strategic thinker with clear vision and solid networking and communication skills. This is an opportunity to join a respected company at the senior management level.
You'll work as a trusted and integral team member reporting directly to the Directors, you will be responsible for researching new business opportunities and finding new clients, leveraging the company reputation and your own industry contacts to best effect.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee daily operations of the company.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business alongside the key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development of performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit's offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit's employees.
- Report key results to corporate officers.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Forging and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts in existing and new accounts
- Developing opportunities to cross-sell products to existing clients
- Tender writing and submissions
- Maintaining an accurate and ongoing sales pipeline
- Strategic brainstorming and implementation of new business development initiatives
- Developing and leveraging the company's branding and professional profile
Skills and experience
You will need:
- Minimum four years of previous experience in a management role within the construction or related industries.
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute business development strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven ability to develop and implement sales strategies.
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong background in negotiating, tendering and estimating.
- Able to read and interpret plans for pricing/tender work.
- Financial literacy, setting and controlling budgets.
Job benefits and perks
We offer a competitive salary with progression dependant on achieved sales, company car, marketing budget, cell phone. Some out of town work may be required dependant on need as we operate a branch in Ashburton.
- How many years' experience do you have as a branch manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?