Advertiser: Felton IndustriesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Felton Industries was founded on the iconic wall-mounted shower mixer (Feltonmix) and the company continues to develop great shower mixers and tap ware for the New Zealand and offshore markets. The successful candidate will take a senior role in a small team developing new award winning products that plumbers and end users love to install and use.
Day-to-day the Production Engineer will take a hands on role in:
- Assembly and production line development
- Proactively looking for opportunities to reduce cost and waste
- Developing and maintaining the SOPs the Production team use and
- Designing and implementing assembly fixtures, jigs and test equipment for Production.
The ideal candidate will have at least two to three years' experience in a production engineering role and be degree qualified in mechanical engineering (BE Mechanical or equivalent, or relevant trade qualifications and experience).
Experience with Solid Works & CAM software is ideal as is practical experience programming and or setting a CNC mill. Knowledge of pneumatic systems and PLCs would be useful.
A key part of the role is being able to interact effectively with non-engineers, so exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills are important.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and become a key member of a small team with many opportunities to demonstrate their abilities and deliver value. This role is for a strong engineer confident in their abilities, with a track record to prove it and a desire to achieve even more in the future. They will become part of a Kiwi success story and be a key part of the team that delivers the next generation of iconic Felton products.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for authoring and reviewing technical documentation?