Advertiser: Hyundai Rotem CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Hyundai Rotem is a South Korean company and a manufacturer and global supplier of rail rolling stock. Hyundai Rotem has proudly supplied the fleet of EMU trains for the Greater Wellington area and we also now supply maintenance services to enhance the performance and increase the reliability of our fleet.
We have a permanent, full time position available for an experienced Storeperson to join our Supply Chain team in our Wellington depot.
As a Storeperson, you will be responsible for undertaking various material handling functions effectively for our depot.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Receiving of parts, components and materials into the store, ensuring physical goods are counted and checked and that required documentation is received and actioned.
- Correctly store goods received in allocated locations
- Assisting with packing and movement of stock around the depot
- Safely operating machinery to lift items to and from locations
- Quality control of all inwards goods
- Maintaining the inventory control data system
- Maintaining and verifying inventory records
- Assisting the team with periodical stock takes and reconciliation of stocks.
What you will bring:
- Previous experience in supply/logistics/warehousing environment
- A current forklift licence and OSH certificate
- Be physically fit and able to participate in heavy lifting when required
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Competent numerical and computer skills (Excel)
The benefits for you:
- Competitive salary
- Free rail travel
- Discounted Interislander ferry travel
- Free parking
- Access to discounted holiday homes throughout New Zealand
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Training will be provided
Our recruitment process:
We have an uncompromising attitude to the safety of our employees, clients and customers so our recruitment process may include medicals, drug & alcohol testing, criminal history checks and right to work checks.
If this role sounds like you, please ‘apply now’ with your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience can contribute to Hyundai Rotem.
Applications close: Sunday 22 September 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?