Registered Nurse -Clinical Research (Mat. Leave Cover)
Advertiser: Optimal Clinical TrialsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - General Medical & Surgical
- Ideal opportunity to utilise your nursing skills in an exciting area of medicine
- Training provided
Here's a great opportunity to join the growing team at Optimal Clinical Trials, working in a private medical research clinic, located in Grafton, Auckland.
Optimal Clinical Trials runs medical research for international pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The research nurse provides the vital link between the patient and study team, working along side the study coordinators, research assistants and research doctors, to collect study specific information, like vital signs, ECGs, blood pressure recordings, and biological samples.
The research nurse duties include
- Vital signs
- IV cannulation & infusion
- Collection of adverse events & new medications
- Drug accountability
- Patient education
- Spirometry/lung function testing (training will be provided)
- Telephone screening of potential patients
- Clear documentation & recording of data
- Data entry and some administrative tasks
You'll work closely with the rest of the team to ensure that every patient has a positive experience in the clinic and the information collected is of outstanding quality.
We offer ongoing support and study specific training. You will have the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of therapeutic areas from dermatology to respiratory, endocrinology to vaccine studies.
You will work with an engaged and fun team of research professionals including our study coordinators, research assistants and investigating doctors.
Your background, experience and personal attributes will include:
- A NZ registered nurse qualification with current practicing certificate with a minimum of 1-2 years general nursing experience
- Competence in venepuncture , IV cannulation, IV infusions
- Be an excellent communicator - both written and oral
- Be organised and have great attention to detail
- Be confident at using computers
This is a Maternity leave cover of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
If this sounds like you, please apply through our online application form with your CV and a personalised cover letter.
Applications close Friday 27 September 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you currently registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand?
- What's your expected hourly rate?