Graduate Civil Designer
Advertiser: Cook CostelloMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Northland, Whangarei
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
Are you a Civil Designer/Engineering Technician wanting to get on with your career in a busy interdisciplinary consulting practice? Confident in 12D and wanting to be mentored by an industry leader.
Cook Costello is a New Zealand, family owned company with more than 40 years experience in Land Development, Surveying, Architectural design and Engineering services. Operating from Whangarei, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch we serve both national and international clients.
You will be a keen designer building on your tertiary engineering civil experience. We want to hear from people who are starting/early on in their careers, eager for mentoring and development while possessing the ability to take responsibility and deliver elements of projects. We are keen to find a graduate with a New Zealand Qualification in Engineering who will engage and contribute while bringing enthusiasm and energy.
We are looking for a new talent to benefit from all the experience we have in the Whangarei office. We have fantastic projects and opportunities for you to make a significant contribution to the team and the business while working alongside a team of consultants and technicians. Gain experience working with other disciplines within the team, it is a big advantage working in our environment. We believe the best place to learn is on the job, so you can expect to work on real jobs for our clients, right from the start. You'll get ongoing support from experienced mentors, development opportunities, and support towards professional memberships.
What you will bring to the table:
- Communicate clearly and effectively. Asking questions will be vital to your success in these early years of your engineering career. Written and spoken English needs to be at a professional level.
- Openness to understanding the commercial reality of delivering your tasks to time frame and budget.
- Be engaged as a member of our team
- Be able to communicate with existing clients while looking to grow our client base with Business development opportunities and networking.
- See projects from conception to completion by liaising with clients, stakeholders, planners, architects, surveyors and engineers.
- A willingness to take direction and learn from experience.
What we need from you:
- A passion and desire to work as an Engineering Technician and progress your career
- Relevant tertiary qualification minimum diploma of Engineering, at a New Zealand tertiary institute
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards would be great
- Excellent communication skills, strong english writing and prior experience with engineering computer software
- Be able to work accurately and independently while managing your time to meet due dates
- Ability to work well within a team to deliver projects
- Proven professional track record and professional behaviour, ethical and integral character, abiding with the Engineering New Zealand Code of Conduct
What we can offer you:
- Local and national social events
- A fun and energetic, family friendly culture.
- Support for professional registration (if applicable) and ongoing professional development
- A positive and empowering work environment
- Career development and progression, open to multi-skilling opportunities
- Funding for Engineering New Zealand membership
- Wellbeing benefits with flexible working options
- Prospects to be involved with a range of projects (residential, commercial, environmental and industrial) and experiences through our different disciplines
- The opportunity to work in our Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Whangarei offices
At Cook Costello, we offer a supportive team environment with interesting projects and positive community engagement. We encourage professional development for all our team members, and truly value diversity and the importance of collaboration across our company. Our values are measured by what we do, not just in what we say, and we are all accountable. We can tell you all the great things about us and lure you in, but we know it's about actions, not just words. It's a two way thing, so let us know what you can bring to the table and we will set up a conversation.
If you would like to be an integral part of an innovative multi-disciplinary firm, join us! Make the leap and apply now with your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
If you have any questions or wanting further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must have a valid New Zealand work visa and a New Zealand Drivers licence to be considered for this position
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?
- Which areas of Civil design do you enjoy?
- Do you have a New Zealand Drivers Licence