Adult Mental Health Therapist/Clinican 1.0 FTE
Advertiser: BDO Gisborne LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Sept 2019
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region, including mental health and addiction services and is currently looking to fill a role in the Te Oranga Hinengaro - Mental Health and Addiction Services team based at Te Puia. The role covers the geographical area from Potaka to Anaura Bay.
This role presents the opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to the communities on the East Coast. If you currently live away and or studied away, this could be your opportunity to return to your home. If you’re looking for a change to rural lifestyle, this could be the perfect chance.
We have an opportunity for an Adult Therapist/clinician to provide community based mental health and addiction assessment and therapy/clinical intervention services, working with adults across a range of settings for Tangata whaiora and their whanau.
For a successful appointment to this role it is essential that you:
- Have a tertiary qualification either in Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, or Counselling with registration to appropriate professional body (you must have a current practising certificate)
- Have knowledge of evidence based best practice in the mental health and addiction sector
- Are able to demonstrate practical understanding of the aspirations and challenges facing Maori communities
- Are either working towards or interested in, obtaining a formal alcohol and drug qualification
- Hold a current, clean, full driver’s licence
We are interested in both experienced clinicians and also those who have newly graduated and are wanting to learn more about the mental health and addictions field.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on qualification, skills and experience.
Your application needs to include all of the following to be considered:
- A letter of introduction
- A current and updated CV
- The employment application form
- The police vetting form
- A copy of your current APC
- A copy of your driver’s licence.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment drugs screen.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you have a current Police Check (Criminal Record Check) for employment?