Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinican 1.0 FTE
Advertiser: BDO Gisborne LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Sept 2019
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
The role covers the geographical area from Potaka to the Anaura Bay.Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region, including mental health and addiction services and is currently looking to fill a role in its Te Oranga Hinengaro - Mental Health and Addiction Services team based at Te Puia.
This position exists to provide a community based mental health service for tamariki (children), rangatahi (youth) and their whanau (family) within the Ngati Porou area.
For a successful appointment to this role ideally you:
- Hold a Health Related Tertiary Qualification (Registered with current APC in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, counselling or psychology).
- Are interested in mental health.
- Have the ability to work in multidisciplinary team and be open to peer supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent people skills & communication skills including the ability to relate to people of differing ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Have the ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- Hold a current, clean, full driver’s licence.
- Have good computer literacy.
If you are a new graduate (you must have a current APC) but are willing to learn and grow your career in this area then you have the opportunity to learn and gain experience in the following areas:
- Gain knowledge in a range of talking therapy models & knowledge.
- Learn to administer standardised assessments, interpret and implement appropriate interventions (alongside a psychologist).
- You may already have or would like to learn more about knowledge of Tikanga Maori and demonstrate the ability to work with Maori children, youth, whanau and providers.
- Gain experience forming strong relationships and liaise with other agencies/professionals working with children in health, education and welfare.
This role presents opportunity for the right person to make a real difference to the communities on the East Coast. If you have the attributes, skills and experience for this role as outlined in the job description and desire to make a difference to the delivery of mental health and addiction services for tamariki and rangatahi in our region.This role presents the
Remuneration will be negotiated based on qualification, skills and experience.
Your application needs to include all of the following to be considered:
- A letter of introduction
- A current and updated CV
- The employment application form
- The police vetting form
- A copy of your current APC
- A copy of your driver’s licence.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment drugs screen.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- What's your highest level of education?