Registered Nurse, Mental Health Service 1.0 FTE
Advertiser: BDO Gisborne LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Sept 2019
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Psych, Forensic & Correctional Health
The role covers the large remote geographical area from Potaka to the Anaura Bay.Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region, including mental health and addiction services and is currently looking to fill this role in its Te Oranga Hinengaro - Mental Health and Addiction Services team based at Te Puia.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to provide safe, high quality and culturally appropriate mental health services, including crisis services, to Tangata Whaiora and their whanau of Ngati Porou.
Promoting Tangata Whaiora focus within a recovery model whilst developing and maintaining effective relationships, upholding Tangata Whaiora rights and confidentiality is vital to the outcomes.
Ideally we are looking for an individual who meets the following:
- Is a Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Demonstrates excellent people skills & communication skills including the ability to relate to people of differing ages and cultural backgrounds
- Is a team player who is prepared to contribute to multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Has the ability to work autonomously and be highly self-motivated
- Has good assessment, formulation, and planning skills
- Is confident in Risk Management and crisis assessment
- Has an understanding of the relevant Mental Health legislation
- Has good computer literacy.
- Holds a current, clean, full driver’s licence
Remuneration will be based on qualification, skills and experience.
Your application needs to include all of the following to be considered:
- A letter of introduction
- A current and updated CV
- The employment application form
- The police vetting form
- A copy of your current APC
- A copy of your driver’s licence.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment drugs screen
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mental health nurse?
- Have you completed a qualification in nursing?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?