Youth Development Worker (Full Time, fixed term with possibility of extension)
Advertiser: Youthline AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Youth Development Worker - Full Time fixed term (to end of December with possibility of extension)
- Youth and Community development
- Key role engaging with young people, schools, training providers, government agencies and community stakeholders supporting young people
- Based in Grey Lynn, Covering Waitemata, Albert-Eden Roskill and Orakei districts
Youthline is looking for an enthusiastic and professional individual who has a proven track record of engaging with young people from a strengths based approach and will have links to youth through your community networks. You will work with a team of youth workers undertaking mentoring services, programmes, activities and events for young people.
You will provide services to young people who may need support to achieve their education, career and /or personal goals. You may also need to assist them to access youth payments through the Government's Youth Service.
You will work with schools, youth organisations and a wide range of community and statutory stakeholders to identify the best ways to access and engage young people and with organisations, including schools, police, youth organisations and collaborative partners.
You will be an engaging facilitator, capable of delivering workshops, seminars and programmes to build skills and create leadership opportunities to enable young people to thrive.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be a professional practitioner with a background in youth development and strong record keeping skills.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining Youthline's procedures for delivering Youth Services
- Mentoring and encouraging young people to achieve positive outcomes and make positive life choices
- Work directly with stakeholders to ensure young people can access options for training, education or employment and provide support towards successful transitions
- Maintaining professional relationships with young people, families and support agencies to ensure young people get the support they need
You will have experience and confidence engaging with young men, and ideally already be familiar with the Youth Services programme or you will have an understanding of the Youth Payment system. You have strong administration skills and a good working knowledge of database systems, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
...and of course, on top of all of this, we want a person with a passion for Youthline’s work with young people and families.
This is a full-time salaried position (fixed term with possibility of extension) of 40 hours per week; however you will definitely need some flexibility around weekend and evening work with approximately 1-2 evenings a week and one weekend a month.
Please apply via SEEK if you think you are the right person for the job.
To request position description Email email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Thursday 26 September. Please note, while we appreciate the time you’ve taken to apply for this position, we will only be contacting suitable candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?