Advertiser: Eurofins Bay Of Plenty LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Sept 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rest of Bay of Plenty
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
About the business
Here at Eurofins Bay of Plenty in New Zealand, our teams provide independent high quality horticultural services and technical solutions. We are a horticulture industry partner providing value added support with a 30 year proven track record of servicing testing needs of fruit growers across New Zealand. We are contracted by Zespri International, our main client, to collect and process kiwifruit orchard maturity clearance samples for their export maturity clearance programme. We are committed to supporting the industry's objectives of ensuring that their products reach the best possible quality levels in all markets in which they operate whilst supporting the wider industry with innovative products and services.
About the role
Ensure that the laboratory and related operations of Eurofins Bay of Plenty Ltd operate efficiently, with the required quality and in accordance with agreed standards and goals.
Typically hours of work are 08:30am to 05:00pm and weekend work is required. Due to the varied nature of our work activities starting and finishing times may be changed from time to time (with consultation).
Skills and experience
- Processing kiwifruit and avocado samples
- Assist with all direct and indirect laboratory related tasks to ensure that results are delivered to clients within agreed timeframes
- Adhering to all safety standards as set by the company and report all near misses, LTIs and other minor/serious incidents
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions
- Demonstrate due diligence in all tasks so that quality of processes are upheld – this within agreed SOPs
- Completes projects by assisting project teams for assigned tasks
REQUIRED OPERATIONAL SKILLS:
- Ability to work with a diverse team of people
- Operates well in a team environment
- A good understanding of laboratory processes
- Must be dependable and able to follow clear and agreed instructions
- Can multitask in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?