Control Room Operator
Advertiser: Marlborough LinesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Marlborough, Blenheim
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
Marlborough Lines is a progressive electricity distribution business providing high quality electricity distribution services to the Marlborough region.
Based in Blenheim, we supply over 25,000 connections through 3,400km of overhead lines and underground cables. Our Network covers a number of very isolated rural areas including the Marlborough Sounds, Molesworth Station (New Zealand’s largest farm) and the Southern Marlborough coast.
We currently have a vacancy for a Control Room Operator in our Alfred Street office.
This is a key role as we continue to deliver a safe, efficient and reliable supply of electricity for the benefit of our customers, shareholders and community.
Areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Control of Network restoration during faults as part of the control room team and in conjunction with field staff
- Preparation of switching instructions for planned and unplanned work
- The issuing and returning of access permits for both Marlborough Lines field staff and external contractors
- Liaising and communicating with Marlborough Lines construction and engineering staff and external contractors
- Capturing outage information for reporting and disclosure purposes
- Production and maintenance of operating documentation
Successful applicants must have exceptional communication and problem solving skills, be able to set priorities and meet target times, and exhibit an excellent understanding of industry safety rules. An eye for detail is also essential as is the ability to work methodically and maintain concentration in a busy environment.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a supply industry control room, however those with a relevant electrical background will also be considered.
To ensure you provide all the necessary documentation for this vacancy, please apply via our website at www.marlboroughlines.co.nz/Careers. Alternatively you can email email@example.com for a recruitment pack.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE NZ RESIDENCY OR A VALID NZ WORK VISA.
Applications Close 2 October 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for authoring and reviewing technical documentation?