Sport and Engagement Manager
Advertiser: College Sport WellingtonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Position Title: Sport and Engagement Manager
Based: College Sport Wellington Offices, Thorndon Quay, Wellington
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
College Sport Wellington promotes, facilitates, coordinates and delivers sporting opportunities and initiatives to the 42 secondary schools in the greater Wellington region. We are the Wellington arm of a national network of offices engaged with secondary school sport and are partnered in our endeavours by SportNZ, Sport Wellington, School Sport NZ, regional and national sports organisations, individual school Heads of Sport and ultimately, are responsible to the Principals of our member schools. We operate out of the Sport Wellington offices in Thorndon Quay.
Our core business is focussed on maximising the sporting opportunities available to students in secondary schools and supporting schools and regional sports organisations achieve this. Much of the business is centred around seasonal interschool competition and providing support to those working within the school communities.
As one of three Sport Managers, you will be responsible for; 1) managing and delivering a portfolio of sports including Athletics, Racquet Sports, Waterpolo, Underwater Hockey, Softball and Golf; and 2) developing College Sport Wellington’s engagement with its stakeholders, through a range of social and traditional mediums.
In addition to being passionate about young people and sport, the person we seek should have:
- a sport-related tertiary qualification and experience working in the sport and/or education sectors
- an understanding and passion for engaging youth, in particular developing the potential of online media platforms
- a drive to ensure young people’s sporting opportunities are maximised
- mature organisational and communication skills
- an ability to take initiative and work independently
If you have this skill set, are passionate about sport and enjoy being part of a small team in a professional workplace, then we would like to hear from you.
For a full position description, please visit our website; https://collegesport.org.nz/vacancies/
To apply, email your curriculum vitae and cover letter with any appropriate supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 23 September with ‘Sport Manager’ in the subject line.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?