Youth Development Manager
Advertiser: THE YOUNG MEN'S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF HAWKE'S BAY INCORPORATEDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Sept 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Hastings
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
The YMCA has been providing services in the Hawke’s Bay for over 125 years.
We are a registered charity with a grand vision “to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities”. We have an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of that journey and provide a life-long positive influence to the lives of young people and their families across our community.
The Youth Development Manager is responsible for the management of the youth team, including a young adult learning programme and our outdoor education programme. This will include strategic leadership of the team, through to development and implementation of high quality and sustainable youth development programmes and initiatives. This role will be a part of the senior management team.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate evidence of:
· Leadership and staff management skills
· Affinity and commitment to youth development
· A proven track record in youth development programmes and services
· Ability to contribute to the organisation at a strategic level
· An affinity to the mission and values of the YMCA
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups, and provide outstanding, friendly, solution based customer service
· Minimum qualification required is Youth Work level 3 or equivalent
This is a full-time position based at our head office in Hastings. Evening and weekend work will be required. This position is subject to the requirements of the Vulnerable Children’s Act and therefore robust recruitment checks will be undertaken including full police vetting and reference checks. You should have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
A copy of the full position description and application form is available by e-mailing email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday the 23rd of September 2019.
Please email cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org