Site Manager - Jib Stopping and Painting
Advertiser: MTS Property ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Sept 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Management
Established Jib Stopping, Painting and Protective Coatings company
- Supportive team
- varied projects, residential and commercial
- Family run business and values
- Competitive remuneration
- Make you mark on this business
Due to continued growth and opportunity we are looking for a new site manager who is able to help move the business to the next level. We are looking for a hands-on person who can help build our client base and deliver a high quality on time projects. You will be involved from initial client meetings, supporting our sales and estimators, project management, variations and claims through to handover.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Strong commitment and understanding of Health & Safety
- Cost estimating & quoting
- Project scheduling
- An understanding of Contracts & administration
- Procurement of materials & subcontractors
- Cost management across multiple projects
- Project management with site supervisors
- Project progress reviews
- Management of Invoicing and claims
- Variation management
You will have a keen interest in this industry and a good understanding of painting and Jib stopping in particular. A strong understanding of Health & Safety Act is essential.
Organisation and planning, strong systems and computer literacy are high on the must-have list. A good understanding of site management and being able to navigate through the constant changes and issues that happen on site whilst keeping your cool are a must.
Service delivery to our valued clients is of the utmost importance as is your integrity, adaptability and top-notch communication skills, as is a desire to maintain and build positive relationships with all of our stakeholders .
Your analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously are also key, over all pride and passion in what you do and the outcomes we achieve combined with a sense of humour
What you get in return
This is a great opportunity to work with a great team, and locally family owned company. You will be able to help implement new systems and play a big part in the ongoing success of the business. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a great salary package dependant on experience, vehicle, phone and laptop.
To apply please click the 'apply now' button and attach a CV and cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a site manager?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?