Business Attraction Manager
Advertiser: ChristchurchNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Management
Business Attraction Manager
- Strategic business development and senior stakeholder management
- Play a key role in telling the Christchurch story nationally and internationally
- Leverage your networks and experience to make a tangible difference to the region
ChristchurchNZ is the city’s economic development and city profile agency charged with evolving our city as a destination, connecting changemakers, attracting visitors and stimulating economic activity to Ōtautahi Christchurch. To fulfil our mission of igniting bold ambition in our city and region, we provide targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting our city nationally and internationally. We aim to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches - a place where our people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.com
We are looking for a strategic business development leader to tell the Christchurch story attracting high impact businesses to establish a presence in Christchurch. A master networker preferably with diplomatic experience and an ability to develop collaborative relationships at a senior level in business and government on both a domestic and international level. Opportunities will come direct or through our government partners, with the conversion in this role happening because of the depth of trusting relationships you have built and continue to develop. Success in this role looks like new high impact businesses established in Christchurch, adding value to the local economy and creating new jobs for Christchurch, as well as building the identity of a city around key centres of excellence.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong experience in sales planning with strong conversion results
- Experience of long-term sales cycles and conversion of prospect pipelines
- A broad knowledge of varying industries, strong business networks outside of Canterbury and New Zealand
- Passion for Christchurch and Canterbury and being part of a network of key partners that is creating an environment for business to thrive
- Experience in setting up contractual arrangements and MoU’s
Working collaboratively across our organization, our partner network and government to sell the Christchurch Story and attract a strong pipeline of prospects to convert. You will have experience of designing and implementing client engagement strategies with corporates and SME’s with a view of stepping through the sales process to conversion. You will be a skilled collaborator, negotiator, results orientated leader and team player.
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role you will have at least 7 - 10 years’ experience in a stakeholder management, business development role with proven results in converting. You will be able to demonstrate your experience at successfully influencing at a senior and level within business and government. You will also strategic and tactical when it comes to navigating the business environment
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button.
To view a position description, please find it attached to the job our website https://www.christchurchnz.org.nz/careers
Applications will remain open until the right candidate is found.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?