Student Support and Homestay Administration Officer
Advertiser: The Campbell InstituteMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Aug 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Students studying at The Campbell Institute enjoy some of the best English language tuition in NZ and a home away from home, where they are made to feel comfortable, and teachers are approachable and patient.
The Campbell Institute is the largest and longest running English language school in Wellington and Auckland.
Our Wellington campus is looking for a motivated and organised people person to join our team in a fixed-term, full-time Student Support and Homestay Administration Officer role. Commencing November 2019
Based in the open plan reception/administration area you will be communicating and interacting with current and potential teachers and students on a daily basis. Reporting to the Campus Manager you will undertake a wide range of activities that support them and the running of the campus.
Responsibilities include such things as managing student information in the database, enrolment applications, student visa applications, financial administration, new student set-up and orientation, reception duties, handling enquiries about the school and conducting campus tours.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous administration experience
- At least 1 years’ experience in a customer service/customer facing role
- Experience with internal students or multi-cultural environments highly preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – especially in the context of supporting students who are learning to speak English
- Empathy and an understanding of the challenges our international students may be facing
- A warm, friendly and professional demeanour
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Strong Word, Outlook and Excel skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise daily workload
- An excellent eye for detail.
If you are looking for an interesting and varied role that you can make your own, then please apply now.
Please instead apply online by visiting https://hr.up.education/positions/8210
Please note that we cannot accept applications via the Apply button on the Seek website.