Digital Marketing Specialist
Advertiser: ChristchurchNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Digital & Search Marketing
ChristchurchNZ is the city’s economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors to Ōtautahi Christchurch. To fulfil the mission of igniting bold ambition in the city and region, ChristchurchNZ provides targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting the city nationally and internationally - aiming to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches and a place where people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.com
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager you will play a key role in the optimisation of ChristchurchNZ’s digital channels, to establish a significant online presence for Christchurch and Canterbury.
Providing leadership and oversight of digital analytics, SEO, campaign recommendations, and EDM database management this role will enable us to leverage the great story Christchurch has to tell. You will have a well-developed understanding of implementing tracking measures to monitor successful performance of marketing platforms and campaigns.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Define, implement and monitor key metrics and trends using data measurement strategies via the use of analytics packages
- Provide the team and organisation with actionable insight-based reporting and dashboards
- Support online content creation and manage website maintenance via content management systems (CMS)
- Provide ongoing analysis, insights and optimisation recommendations to better enhance website and other digital channels
- Support the development of the digital marketing strategy
- Develop and implement an EDM strategy for all priority audiences
You will also:
- Bring a data driven approach to optimizing channels
- Segment data appropriately within digital channels including CRM systems
- Be experienced in brief, create and manage process for developing of digital campaign assets
- Work closely with the content and creative team to support the development and performance of digital content and design
- Work with developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with desired UX, accessibility and web standards
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role you will consider yourself a digital specialist current on the latest digital technology and trends, have a desire to work for an organisation making a positive difference in the Canterbury region. Experience of managing digital channels, optimisation and implementation using analytical software, and experience of managing channels including SEO, SMM, SEM and EDM databases is essential. Ideally you will have been in a similar role for at least 3 years.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button.
To view a position description, please find it attached to the job our website https://www.christchurchnz.org.nz/careers
Applications will remain open until a placement is made.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in digital marketing?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with direct marketing and electronic direct mail (EDM) campaigns?