Health & Fitness Team Leader
Advertiser: YMCA of ChristchurchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
We are seeking a vibrant, motivated person with a passion for fitness, a flair for providing exceptional standards and a proven ability to lead operations and staff, to join the YMCA team, overseeing the fitness centers at both Bishopdale and City YMCA.
We are looking for an energetic and positive person who will take our health & fitness team and centers to the next level. The perfect candidate will have a passion for helping people achieve their health and fitness goals while creating a welcoming and supportive culture.
To provide leadership, excellent customer service standards and a vibrant, professional and fun fitness choice for our members at both Bishopdale and City YMCA clubs.
This position leads the Health & Fitness team and will look to set standards, develop fitness programmes, and look for opportunities for growth and success in membership numbers and retention, whilst adhering at all times to YMCA values and purpose. The successful applicant will establish strong relationships and be collaborative with our Group Fitness team leader and Community Fitness co-ordinator to achieve mutual benefit and success for the centres.
- Continuing and growing the culture where people feel included and part of a wider community
- Leading and supporting a team who are providing exceptional customer service
- Increasing participation in our programmes and memberships
- Living in a culture of uncompromising safety, ensuring the health and safety obligations of the YMCA are maintained at all times
- Ensuring the facilities and equipment are well maintained
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the fitness industry
- Collaborating across the organisation to further enhance the reputation of the YMCA in the community
Qualifications and Competencies
- Relevant experience and/or a relevant tertiary qualification in the area of Fitness and Exercise Science
- Proven leadership and managerial skills that enable teamwork and productivity
- Current first aid certificate (or willing to acquire one before beginning employment).
- Highly organised and efficient
- Pro-active, adaptable and results-driven
- Financial management skills
- Strategic planning and marketing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Successful applicants will show outstanding interpersonal skills, have a love for group fitness and a drive for results and success along with a strong customer service focus.
For a copy of the job guideline, please go to our website: http://ymcachch.org.nz/employmentvolunteering/
Applications close on Sunday 29 September 2019, and must include a comprehensive cover letter as well as your CV.
YMCA Christchurch is committed to providing a Child Safe environment for all children who come into contact with the YMCA. To be considered for employment with us all successful applicants must complete our pre-employment processes including a comprehensive application form and all relevant pre-employment screens and checks which includes Police Vetting.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in fitness?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What experience do you have leading a team, and how would you describe your management style?
- Please describe how you see the current fitness market in Christchurch, and where to you see the future opportunites.
- What gym do you currently train at?