Advertiser: Wise GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
We’re looking for a savvy and energised youth worker to join our growing service. If you are passionate about supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing, and would like to work with a great team, we want to hear from you.
You will be working 32 hours per week working from Friday to Monday on a weekly rotating AM/PM shift pattern. For example, on week one you will be working the AM shift from 7:00am to 3:30pm, and on week two you will be working the PM shift from 3:00pm to 11:30pm.
We provide health and wellbeing services in the community to people aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships - and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and working in a team of youth workers. This is a youth respite retreat available on an as-needed basis. Young people will stay in our home-like retreat for short periods while they are supported by trained youth mental health and addiction workers.
You will have:
• Applicants must hold the New Zealand Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent, or are currently working towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent? Please check if your qualifications meet equivalencies at https://www.careerforce.org.nz/pay-equity-and-qualification-equivalencies/.
• Have an understanding of trauma-informed care and experience working with young people.
• A current full driver’s licence
• Hold a current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE - Sunday 22 September 2019. PLEASE NOTE we will be shortlisting as we go, and this advert may close when a suitable candidate has been found.
To view a full position description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/Real_YW_Auckland.pdf
Please contact Frank Perrott on 027 542 6155 if you have any questions.
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.