Advertiser: Paldo Korean BuffetMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
'PALDO' is a Korean buffet restaurant in Botany and Takapuna opened in 2016. We offer wide selection of regional specialities from 'PAL'(Eight)-'DO'(Provinces) of Korea.
Our Botany branch is looking for FULL-Time Restaurant Manager who has interest in Korean Food and are able to work in a diverse team environment!
BUSINESS NAME: PALDO Korean Buffet Botany
ADDRESS: 298B Ti Rakau Drive, Burswood, Auckland
OPENING HOURS: Lunch & Dinner 7 days
Suitable applicants must have:
- at least 3 years’ experience as a duty manager in cafés, restaurants or in similar businesses
- a General Manager’s Certificate
Job will include:
- selecting, training and supervising waiting staff
- planning and organising special functions
- planning menus together with Chefs
- purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance.
- Take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
Skills and knowledge required:
- people management skills
- business management knowledge, including budgeting, accounting, sales and marketing skills
- knowledge of health, safety and food hygiene regulations and procedures
- good understanding of current incensing and employment law
- knowledge of food and drink preparation and presentation
- ability to set up a bar menu, and to assist in making a food menu
- some knowledge of Korean food/asian food
- awareness of competitors’ prices and services, and market trends
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Have you completed a qualification in hospitality?