Staff Mechanical Engineer
Advertiser: Enphase EnergyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
We are seeking a Staff Mechanical Engineer to join our Christchurch based team, this role would ideally suit an Engineer with experience in product development.
You will work in a team of Mechanical Engineers who design and develop state of the art solar power related products, as well as work on day-to-day support of released products and cost reduction projects.
- Develop new products from concept to production
- Support sourcing, manufacturing and quality teams with mechanical expertise
- Investigate, analyse and resolve product failures
- Complete documentation for design, testing and analysis
- Provide technical leadership and support junior team members’ learning and development
- Ability to think laterally and solve unique problems
- Design experience in various material forming technologies, such as: injection moulding; sheet metal; silicone/rubber moulding; diecasting
- Thorough analysis and assessment of test results; and an ability to apply them to improve designs
- Good communication and documentation skills
- 2D CAD and 3D CAD experience
Qualification and Previous Experience:
- Technical Degree (Bachelor or higher qualification) in Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years experience in product development
What would make you stand out?
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- Experience developing high-volume products (100k+ annual production)
- Experience using SolidWorks
- Experience completing FEA (structural and thermal)
- Experience project managing mechanical product development
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Long service leave
- Medical insurance cover (yourself and your immediate family members)
- Annual merit reviews and increases
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- High tech laboratories and equipment
- Modern facilities with onsite parking
- Health and wellness incentives
- Eco friendly work environment
- Global team environment
About the Christchurch team
Enphase Energy New Zealand is located in Wigram, Christchurch. We are a Research and Development Centre focused on the design and testing of our cornerstone product, the Microinverter. Enphase New Zealand has a team of around 55 engineers and support staff. We also work closely with our Research and Development colleagues in California, Texas and Bangalore.
About Enphase Energy
Enphase Energy is a multi-national company with many global locations; sales and marketing, operations, and research and development.
Find out more:
Relocation and Visa’s requirements:
Relocation allowance is not available for this role. Applicants must hold a current New Zealand Work Visa (or similar) or be eligible to work in New Zealand as sponsorship is not available
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?