Advertiser: The I.T. TeamMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Aug 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
the IT team is a fresh IT company specialising in delivering IT services through innovative and exciting channels.
We are looking for a highly capable experienced Senior Engineer to work alongside our current team in servicing our customers.
You will be working out of our Dunedin branch Office with our Dunedin team, while also collaborating with our Christchurch and Auckland staff in supporting both local and nationwide clients.
This is a remote office environment, so you will need to have experience working independently and be highly resilient.
This is an exciting full-time position.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates an exceptional ability to:
- Work on complex technical issues for our customers through to completion, (sometimes under pressurised circumstances)
- Communicate with clients in person, via phone, email and service tools to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Pro-actively build and maintain an open relationship with clients to ensure they are well informed, including performing a level of Account Management to Dunedin clients between visits from our Christchurch based team.
- Design and deploy new network and server solutions for new and existing customers alongside our sales team and other staff.
- Assist with the technical direction of the company alongside the wider technical team
- Enthusiastically adopt our procedures and policies.
- Mentor and assist other members of our team
- Strong knowledge and experience of Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and their various roles
- Deployment experience and knowledge of Office 365 and/or Exchange 2013/2016
- Strong knowledge of desktop operating systems (7/8/10)
- Design, Deployment and Support of LANs/WANs/Wireless Technologies
- Server Printer Management deployment and support
- Active Directory/Group Policy deployment and support
- Updating and maintaining documentation of client's networks, systems and tickets
Experience working in a ticket driven service desk environment essential
Additionally, candidates for the Engineer position will ideally have:
- 4+ years in a similar customer facing technical role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic. Willing to go beyond the call of duty when needed (whether for an outage or complex project).
- Ability to participate in our On-Call roster, on a weekly rotation with the Engineering team.
- A positive attitude and be a problem solver.
- Full clean driver's license.
If this opportunity excites you, then we would welcome your application.
Applicant must be legally able to work in New Zealand effective immediately.
Please provide a Cover Letter with your CV, answering the question “What can we count on you for?”
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)