Advertiser: The I.T. TeamMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
The IT Team is a fresh IT company specialising in delivering IT services through innovative and exciting channels.
We are looking for a highly capable Field Technician to work alongside our current team in servicing our customers’ onsite service and support needs. The existing two-person team work closely with our Engineering leads, and are ready to expand to meet the growing needs of our Christchurch based clients.
This is an exciting full-time position.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates an exceptional ability to:
- Work on complex technical issues for our customers through to completion (sometimes under pressurised circumstances)
- Communicate with clients in person while onsite to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Enthusiastically adopt our procedures and policies.
- Travelling to client sites to troubleshoot and resolve suspected hardware related issues
- Completing machine setups both remotely and onsite following our customised checklist procedures
- Installing new hardware at client sites, including workstation and basic networking equipment
- Providing first response onsite assistance for urgent issues, working with the Engineering team for further assistance where required
- Strong knowledge of desktop operating systems
- Familiarity with a broad range of IT hardware with the ability to troubleshoot faults onsite
- Experience working in a ticket driven service desk environment essential
Additionally, candidates for the Field Technician position will ideally have:
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar customer facing technical role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A solid understanding of Windows technology, and common IT hardware
- Enthusiastic. Willing to go beyond the call of duty when needed (whether for an outage or urgent issue).
- Previous help/service desk experience would be ideal.
- IT qualifications or experience.
- A positive attitude and be a problem solver.
- Full clean driver's license.
In return we can offer:
- A light & bright office environment in the centre of the city
- An interesting mix of IT Geeks to work amongst
- A very varied and interesting role in which you can develop and grow
- A supportive and innovative environment
If this opportunity excites you, then we would welcome your application.
Applicant must be available for an interview in Christchurch and be legally able to work in New Zealand effective immediately.
Please provide a Cover Letter with your CV, answering the question “What can we count on you for?”.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?