Dairy Farm Consultant - Graduate or Entry Level
Advertiser: FarmRight LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
FarmRight Limited is a growing farm investment management and consultancy company specialising in the dairy farming industry, with recent expansion into horticulture. We currently manage over 70 farms across New Zealand and Tasmania on behalf of a range of investors or clients. FarmRight Corporate has a staff of 40 and is involved in the management of approximately 350 farming staff.
We are seeking a Graduate or Entry Level (2 years of experience) Dairy Farm Consultant who has either rural professional or dairy farming experience for a full-time consultancy role across the greater Canterbury Region. Relevant tertiary qualifications will support the applicant’s industry experience. There is a strong team culture within this company and the ideal candidate will be friendly and efficient with a sense of humour. The consultancy farms will initially be those under FarmRight management with the potential to move into external consultancy over time. This role requires the relevant technical skills and qualifications, as well as the ability to work professionally with a wide range of people, including managers, owners and key technical suppliers.
Full on the job training and support will be provided.
Key aspects of the role
- A great mix between on-farm and analytical work.
- Working alongside Farm Investment Managers (FIMs) to maximise the profitability and sustainability of our client’s farms through a pasture-based farming system.
- Working with technical suppliers.
- Creating feed plans and working with farm managers to adjust when necessary.
- Helping to set management plans with farm managers at key times of the year (i.e. fertiliser plans, mating plans and strategies, body condition score management, dry off plans, spring rotation plans) utilising our current FarmRight templates.
- Helping to organise both manager and staff focus days and provide technical support and advice.
- Reviewing and developing financial plans and budgets alongside FIMs.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and additional benefits including corporate work wear, wellbeing programme and access to a staff medical scheme. We can also offer the financial and professional rewards of being part of a growing and successful team.
Please contact Desiree Barnes on 027 293 3231 or send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on the 30th August 2019, but we are looking at CVs as they are submitted. To apply you must be located in New Zealand, able to attend interviews and relevant rural experience is a definite must have.
To apply for the positions above, you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and your application should confirm this. If you are unsure of your entitlement to work in New Zealand, we refer you to the website www.immigration.govt.nz. We are not offering sponsorship to overseas applicants.
All overseas applications will be discarded as you must currently reside in New Zealand as you must be able to undertake the interview process,
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?