Airline Support Specialist
Advertiser: Accommodations Plus InternationalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- $80,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Travel Agents/Consultants
The Airline Support Specialist is the client and vendor main point of contact for API’s Operations Center. Will actively process reservations, maintain and cultivate successful relationships with our Airline partner with a strong focus on providing the best customer service at all times.
- Be API’s liaison with the airline partner, providing support, guidance and training.
- Process client requests received from the airline. Assess all customer needs. All responses must be prompt, well-informed, accurate and professionally executed.
- Follow-up on all client requests and transactions. All tasks must be fully executed and client satisfaction is critical.
- Alert supervisor on all items of critical nature that requires management involvement to solve and/or avoid potential challenges that may impact either the client or API adversely.
- Negotiate with vendors (Hotels, Ground Transportation, others) to achieve the best outcome for the client and API.
- Resolve client disagreements in a calm and professional manner. Research and present solutions to satisfy client needs based on facts.
- Effectively use all available tools and methodology i.e. phone, email, fax and Reservation Systems (ACES, Hotel Express, IHRS) to track and provide solutions to client needs, requests and overall expectations.
- Adapt to the situation at hand e.g. (IROPS) or (other) to accommodate needs created due to the changing dynamics of airline schedules or unforeseen situations. This includes but not limited to extended work schedules, be on official “On Call Roster” when needed off regular working hours.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of API’s call center work methodology and reservation systems that will best serve API’s clients in the most efficient and professional manner.
- Achieve passing score in initial API Operations Agent Training. Maintain currency through annual recurrent training classes. Passing score required to certify completion.
- Knowledge of airline crew scheduling experience a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience within hotel/travel industry. Airline industry a plus.
- Understanding of reservation systems, hotel room blocks/allocations, rate structure, payment forms and booking processes is required.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a high paced environment.
- Great telephone etiquette.
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet research is required.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills.
- Very flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays and/or overtime if needed.
- Bilingual a plus.
Required Education and Experience
- High school or equivalent
- Call center/customer service: 1 year
- Airline crew scheduling: 1 year
- Hotel/tourism: 1 year
- Airline operations: 1 year
Accommodations Plus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What's your preferred work type?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?