Family Violence Social Worker
Advertiser: IOSIS LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Iosis operates as a multi-disciplinary, multicultural, Christian, community service provider with a vision to transform family life for good.
We are seeking a person with a proven understanding and ability to work effectively with families around issues of domestic violence, care and protection, parenting and addiction.
As the Family Violence Social Worker you will liaise with families at risk of continued family violence offences and assist them to engage in services that will help to improve their family relationships and their roles as parents and partners.
You will also demonstrate:
- Sound frameworks or models of practice relating to issues of domestic violence, parenting, drug and alcohol and care and protection
- Previous experience in a social service agency working with Maori and Pacific Island men
- A qualification in Social Work with registration
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Flexible attitude and ‘can do’ approach
- High level of self-awareness
- Excellent communication (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills
We’re a diverse, friendly and welcoming bunch of people, who work hard, and we’d love to have you join us. If you want to know more about the work we do, please check us out on www.iosis.org.nz
Please note that this role is for a fixed period from September to January whilst the current worker is on extended leave. So if you are looking for a challenge and you are keen to support families in making positive changes, please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?