Mechanical Project Engineer
Advertiser: Punchbowl PackCo LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
In a unique and diverse industry, our innovative kiwifruit packhouse and coolstore facility based in the peaceful rural South Auckland surroundings of Patumahoe is on the hunt for a skilled hands-on Engineer or skilled labourer. We have a large off season packhouse improvement project and need someone to join our engineering team.
We are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join us on a nine (9) month Fixed Term Contract, you will be part of the team responsible for building and testing our new automated kiwifruit packing equipment and integrating it with our existing machinery.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Fabrication of new Packhouse machinery
- Maintenance of the Packhouse Compac and MAF RODA machines on a Kiwifruit Packing Line
- Orchard machinery maintenance, including tractors, sprayers, mowers and mulchers
You will need:
- Prefer a trade-certified Fitter Welder with a Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Interpret plans designed by internal and external providers
- Exposure to machinery automation
- Knowledge of and experience with Kiwifruit Packhouse machinery advantageous, but not essential
- Excellent organisation, time management and priority setting skills
- The ability and confidence to think outside the box and share your ideas
- Legal right to work in NZ, as defined by Immigration NZ
In return, we can offer you:
- A competitive wage
- A serene country workplace setting in the heart of Franklin
Punchbowl offers a unique opportunity to join a friendly and professional team and involve yourself in a diverse and interesting industry.
If you are interested in this position, apply online now!
Applications close on Friday 30th August 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- How would you rate your English language skills?