Farm Investment Support Officer
Advertiser: FarmRight LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
FarmRight Limited is a growing farm investment management and consultancy company specialising in the dairy and beef industry and have recently taken on farms in horticulture. We currently manage over 70 farms on behalf of a range of investors. FarmRight has a staff of 40 and is involved in the management of approximately 350 farming staff.
We have fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated person to join our team, based at our Head Office located in Christchurch, Canterbury. This role is a Farm Investment Support Officer. This role will suit either someone experienced in business accounts, budgets and reporting, or a graduate with the relevant tertiary qualifications. Full training and support will be provided. As the successful candidate will often deal with rural professionals, we are seeking someone with a skilled professional approach. In addition, a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel is preferred.
The position will also include helping to manage the farms assets including applying for and monitoring Resource Consents. This is an office-based position with plenty of opportunities to head out on farm as well. Experience in the Agriculture industry (specifically dairy), is an advantage. On- Job training and support will be available to help transition into this role.
Key tasks are:
- Consent compliance including applying & monitoring resource consents (water takes and N loading)
- Keeping up to date with Environmental issues that will impact the farms i.e. PC1
- Internal audits of FarmRight Farms
- Create draft/proof annual budgets
- Create budget report for annual budget meeting
- Monitor the monthly bank account
- Update budget when necessary
- Monthly reporting (actuals vs. budget) including analysing data
- Checking FMR including stock reconciliations
- Complete annual statistics
- Complete annual report for AGM
- Monitor milk production and report in monthly report
- FIM visit prep (setting agenda and sending out appropriate material to managers and FIM's)
- Organise social events/managers focus day/other staff functions
The position does offer competitive remuneration packages and additional benefits including corporate work wear, wellbeing programme, and access to a staff medical scheme. We can also offer the financial and professional rewards of being part of a growing and successful team.
Please contact Desiree Barnes on 0272933231 or send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on the 30th August 2019 with a possible start date in October 2019, which can be negotiated for the right applicant.. Visit our website for more information on our Company: www.farmright.co.nz.
To apply for the positions above, you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and your application should confirm this. If you are unsure of your entitlement to work in New Zealand, we refer you to the website www.immigration.govt.nz. We are not offering sponsorship to overseas candidates at this time.
All applications received from overseas will be discarded if not currently residing in New Zealand.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?