Healthy Lifestyle Advisor
Advertiser: Sport AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Sport Auckland strives to inspire our communities to live healthy and active lifestyles.
We deliver the adult Green Prescription service throughout the Auckland and Counties Manukau DHB regions and Active Families programme for children aged 5-17 years and their families throughout the Auckland DHB.
We are seeking a motivated, compassionate individual with great innovation to join our Health & Wellness team to assist in the development and delivery of the Green Prescription programme in the Tamaki area. You will be working with a number of clients of Māori and Pacific decent hence being able to speak one of these languages is essential.
The Healthy Lifestyle Advisor’s key role is to educate and encourage individuals and whanau to embrace healthier lifestyles with an emphasis on physical activity and nutrition (adhering to the Ministry of Health guidelines).
The ability to promote our service to health professionals and throughout the community in addition to maintaining a large client base is essential. Work in Marae settings and with church groups as well as other community-based settings is a key part of this role.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Qualifications and experience in exercise prescription and nutrition
- Sound understanding of health conditions such as diabetes and obesity
- An excellent telephone manner, communication skills and time management
- Fluent oral and written skills in English and Te Reo Māori or a Pacific Language
We offer a fun and supportive working environment where ongoing opportunities for professional development are encouraged.
If this sounds like you, please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 30th August 2019
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?