Advertiser: OneSchool Global NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Taranaki, Rest of Taranaki
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
"It is a great school community to be part of. Smaller class sizes, supportive staff, quality facilities and great students all result in an ideal work environment for teachers.”
OneSchool is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive, truly global schools. With over 9,500 students, 130 campuses and 2,500 staff operating across 21 countries, OneSchool’s global education ecosystem provides an environment in which our staff and students thrive.
With 17 campuses across New Zealand, OneSchool Global NZ provides an innovative learning and teaching programme to over 1,500 students in partnership with more than 150 staff. Formerly known as Westmount School, we provide a unique learning environment for students, guided by our focus on “Learning to Learn.”
Our Taranaki Campus in Hawera is seeking an experienced Teacher Aide to provide support to a Year 11 student (male) with learning and developmental needs on a part-time basis (two full days and one half day, days flexible). While not essential, previous experience working with children and/or adults with learning difficulties or SEN would be advantageous.
Key Experience and Skills
- Experience working with young people;
- An understanding of the New Zealand curriculum;
- An understanding of different learning methods and teaching styles;
- Ability to cater for students’ varying needs;
- Excellent relationship building and management skills;
- Patience, resilience, adaptability and empathy.
All applicants will need to have the right to work in New Zealand. Unfortunately, applications from abroad will not be considered.
Please contact Iain Longden on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Applications close: Friday, 30 August (unless an appointment is made sooner)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a teacher aide?