Advertiser: New Zealand Health ManufacturingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Maintenance
New Zealand Health Manufacturing (NZHM) is a leading manufacturer of Dietary Supplements in New Zealand. NZHM’s Award-Winning success is due to its commitment to its customers and quality. Our world-class manufacturing site produces Dietary Supplements for New Zealand and multiple overseas markets. Having recently completed a large expansion of our South Auckland site, we are looking to the future to build on our successes and expand our horizons.
We operate/maintain fully automated industrial machinery that requires in-depth knowledge of PLC driven compound control systems, and good mechanical understanding we utilize a wide variety of machine from Softgel encapsulation machine, hard-shell encapsulation machines, bottling and labelling machines to compressed air and pneumatic systems in our plant.
We are looking for a person who must have previous experience in pharmaceuticals or nutraceuticals industries.
The job involves all the activities related to maintenance and installation of machinery equipment and facility.
- Preventive and Predictive maintenance of machines.
- Creating SOP’s for Machine operation.
- Responsible for Staff training.
- Co-ordination with machine supplier and contractors and execute FAT (Factory acceptance test) at OEM site.
- Establishing and Perform standard for installation qualification and operational qualification of machine and equipment’s and modification, testing, maintenance according to engineering principle and safety regulations.
- Designing, plans, control diagrams and approve drawing as per new pieces of machinery required in the plant.
- Periodically, the maintenance engineer reviews maintenance programs for Plant Building, Production area, Production machines & equipment’s and ensure building BWOF. If required design change then coordinating with the contractor for the new design.
- The engineer periodically reviews the preventive and predictive maintenance programs collaborate with different departments and plan maintenance activities.
- Reviews spare parts policies for plant equipment.
- Ensure that the company is purchasing standardized equipment as per NZ standard along and negotiate the best price.
- Optimizes maintenance strategies. Responsible for analyzing equipment, operating data.
- Redesigning or modification of machines or components according to production requirements or to increase the machine efficiencies.
- Establishes and monitors programs for critical equipment analysis and condition monitoring techniques.
- Maintenance of compressed air handling system for pneumatic and hydraulic machine operations and recording data for getting optimum output.
- Ensure machines operate safely accordingly NZ safety regulation.
- Periodically review equipment maintenance records.
- Should have experience in planning Preventive and corrective maintenance plans for Softgel encapsulation machines, hard shell encapsulation machines, packing machines, auto counters, shrinking machine, blenders, labelling machines and other manufacturing equipment which have the main operation based on PLC, motor control and various electronics inputs affecting the machine performance.
- Developing user require specifications for manufacturing and determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant and systems.
- Keeping plant utilities like IP phones, computer LAN connectivity, production/office lightings, air handling system and AHUs, electrical installation up to date and in regulations.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Do you have experience working in a continuous production environment?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for authoring and reviewing technical documentation?