Facilitator (Fixed Term)
Advertiser: Avalon Aotearoa Charitable TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Avalon is a not for profit organisation, that creates opportunities for inclusion.
Avalon is a small organisation that promotes flexibility, innovation and creativity in service provision.
We are looking for an energetic, proactive, and dynamic Facilitator to join Avalon on a 1 -year fixed term position, while one of our team members is on parental leave.
This critical community-based role, reports to our Service Manager and works with individuals to build capability and create opportunities for people to live valued lives within their community.
Avalon is seeking a Facilitator to:
- actively work with the individual’s vision and facilitate the acquisition of valued roles; life experience, competency building, image enhancing and the creation and use of the community.
- facilitate Avalon’s newly acquired Transition from School contract which requires strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to connect with youth.
- initiate, develop and maintain networks and relationships within the community to create opportunities for inclusion.
You will need to have excellent organisation and communication skills, confidence, ability to work autonomously, in a team and with a diverse range of people.
Essential skills for the role include an ability to develop and build relationships, work with individuals who may have variety of challenges and or barriers to inclusion. Computer literacy and technology skills would be an advantage
It is preferable that you have at least three years’ experience in working within the human services, youth or disability sector. Knowledge of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with a Disability, the principles of Enabling Good Lives, the philosophy of Social Role Valorisation, Trauma-Informed Care and The Treaty of Waitangi would be advantageous although not essential.
The role is full time (37.5 hours per week)
Please apply in writing with your CV and cover letter that highlights what skills, talents and experience you can bring to this role.
Applications close Thursday 5th September. Email your application to Tan Phuangdokmai Tan.email@example.com
Job descriptions are available on request.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?