Advertiser: Small Business AccountingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
We are looking for an efficient, numbers focused Accountant to complete our Index team. This role manages both accounts and control functions within the business. The successful applicant will be confident with day-to-day financial processing and reporting, as well as being able to provide strategic input at a management level.
The role is a great mix of financial and management accounting with you working closely with the companies Creative Director, General Manager. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the entire finance function within Index Group. As the Accountant, you will ensure that financial information produced will be robust, timely, and accurate to support decision making by the management team, as well as ensuring adequate internal control policies and procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Daily/long term cash flow management and forecasting.
- Processing of GST and PAYE returns and payments.
- Set, maintain and enforce forecasts and budgets for all business units with General Manager & Revenue Analyst
- Monthly work papers to confirm and reconcile balance sheet and P&L.
- Creditors/debtors management. Local/International.
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable.
- Processing and reconciling staff expenditure (credit cards).
- Processing fortnightly and monthly payroll (opportunity to bring payroll in-house).
- Monitor overhead/expenditure spend.
- Assist quarterly with compliance bank reporting.
- To improve internal finance or operational systems and create a culture of continuous improvement
- Preparation and presentation of the board pack
- Annual statutory reporting
- Complete annual audits in a timely manner and free from misstatements and/or errors
- Proven experience in a similar role effectively leading and managing a broad range of financial accounting services, start to end.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance is preferred, CA or CPA preferred not essential.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software. Xero non-negotiable and RCM booking software is preferable.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets, SUMIFS, INDEX, MATCH, COUNTIF).
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
- Good organisational and time-management abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written.
- The ability to work under pressure as part of a team and on their own.
- Ability to travel when required
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?